Health Tips and Resources
Preventive Tips to Minimize your Risk
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses. CDC does have specific guidance for travelers.
Available information continues to evolve and you may want to keep these sites as a resource for up-to-date information:
- The CDC’s website includes up-to-date information, including a status on the current situation, Frequently Asked Questions, information for travelers, etc., at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- The HSDOH’s website includes information specific to Hawaii, tips on what you can do to keep yourself healthy, and additional resources at: https://health.hawaii.gov/docd/advisories/novel-coronavirus-2019
Bank of Hawaii will also place public updates on our social media platforms as well as on this page for our customers.
How to be Financially Ready for the Unexpected
No matter who you are, life has a way of surprising with the unexpected. While you can’t always prevent unfortunate (and expensive) incidents from occurring, there are a few common-sense steps you can take to protect yourself ahead of time. Should a disaster happen, the right plans can help to shrink financial burdens and minimize the disruption to your life.
You're about to exit BOH.com
Links to other sites are provided as a service to you by Bank of Hawaii. These other sites are neither owned nor maintained by Bank of Hawaii. Bank of Hawaii shall not be responsible for the content and/or accuracy of any information contained in these other sites or for the personal or credit card information you provide to these sites.