Aloha, Welcome to Bank of Hawaii.
Quick Start Guide
Start making the most of your new Bank of Hawaii account. From direct deposit to convenient automatic payments, we make it easy to bank your way.
What to expect
Tips and Ideas
Check your inbox for our email with helpful information.
We’ll be calling to say hi and answer any questions.
Look for your card in the mail in 7 – 10 days.
Bank anytime, anywhere
Where do I find my routing and account number?
- If you opened your account online, you may log in to the “App Tracker” to access your full account number
- If you opened your account in branch, please refer to your new account documents provided to you during the account opening process
Bank of Hawaii routing numbers:
- For electronic debits or credits to your account, please use the following Routing Numbers:
- State of Hawaii Branches 121301028
- Guam & Saipan Branches 121405018
- For wires, please use the following for all Bank of Hawaii accounts:
- Domestic Wires (Routing Number): 121301028
- International Wires (SWIFT Code): BOHIUS77
How can I put money in my new account?
You may make deposits in any of the following convenient ways:
- Setting up direct deposit for recurring payments
- Making a mobile deposit in a few quick easy steps
- Utilizing our Easy Deposit ATMs to make deposits of cash or checks
- Visiting any Bank of Hawaii during business hours
How do I set up direct deposit?
For payroll checks, download our Direct Deposit Form and return to your employer
For checks issued by the U.S. Treasury:
How do I make a mobile deposit?
With mobile deposit, you can deposit your checks at your convenience, and your deposit will generally be available for debits posting on the Business Day of your deposit. You may also watch our how-to video.
- Add “For BOH Mobile Deposit Only” and sign the back of your check
- Snap pictures of the front and back of your check
- Select your deposit account and enter the amount
- Hit submit
Once you receive an email confirmation that your deposit was approved, you may destroy the check. For more information about mobile deposits, click here.
What are the cut-off times for mobile deposits?
If your deposit was made prior to the service cut-off time shown below on a bank business day, your deposit will generally be available for debits posting on the Business Day of your deposit.
State of Hawaii – 5:00 PM Hawaii Standard Time (HST)
Guam and Saipan – 1:00 PM. Chamorro Time (CHST)
Palau – 12:00 noon Palau Time (PWT)
Please note: A business day is Monday through Friday except U.S. federal holidays. To see if your funds are available, please review your account balances in e-Bankoh Online Banking or via the BOH Mobile Banking app.
How do I make a deposit at an ATM?
Making a deposit at an Easy Deposit ATM is convenient—no deposit slips, no envelopes and no hassle. Calculations are done for you, and you receive verification of checks deposited on the screen.
- Insert Bank of Hawaii debit card and enter your pin
- Select deposit, and choose deposit type (check or cash)
- Confirm funds availability and endorse check(s)
- Insert up to 30 checks or bills at once
- Confirm deposits and you’re done
Locate an ATM near you to get started.
How do I set up online access?
Enrolling in online banking takes just a few minutes from your computer, tablet or mobile devise. Click here to get started.
What is Zelle® and how do I use it?
Bank of Hawaii has partnered with Zelle to make banking more convenient for you. Now, there’s a quick and easy way to send money to and receive money from friends and family members who have a bank account in the U.S. Learn more about Zelle here.
What is my debit card PIN?
You may set your PIN while activating your debit card through our automated system, by calling 1-877-353-0956. If you have already activated your debit card and not set a PIN, you may request a new PIN be mailed to you by contacting our Customer Service team via phone or Live Chat.
How do I set up automatic payments?
You can quickly set up automatic payments several ways:
- Directly with the merchant by providing either your debit card information or your routing number and account number
- Through Online Banking, after enrolling in Bill Pay by selecting the payee in your online banking account and clicking “Options”
How do I learn to use online banking?
We have many helpful how-to videos covering topics including how to making a transfer, sign up for Bill Pay, and make a mobile deposit in a helpful playlist. Click here to explore more.
Where can I find additional answers to my questions?
For additional FAQs, please visit our FAQs page here.
You're about to exit BOH.com
Links to other sites are provided as a service to you by Bank of Hawaii. These other sites are neither owned nor maintained by Bank of Hawaii. Bank of Hawaii shall not be responsible for the content and/or accuracy of any information contained in these other sites or for the personal or credit card information you provide to these sites.