Protecting the confidential, non-public information of our clients and business partners is a responsibility that Bank of Hawaii takes very seriously.
We have implemented new technology to encrypt outgoing emails that contain personal information such as Social Security Numbers and credit card numbers. Retrieving these emails will involve you verifying that you are the intended recipient of the email. It’s an extra step, but it’s simple and it enhances our protection of your confidential information.
How do I recognize a Bank of Hawaii encrypted email?
When an email has been encrypted, you will receive an email notification from a Bank of Hawaii email address (e.g. email@example.com) that contains an attachment and has the word “Confidential” added to the subject line.
How do I read an encrypted email?
To read the email, do the following:
- Open the email and click “Click here” to log in to Bank of Hawaii's secure email service and access your encrypted email.
- First time users will need to set a password. Fill out the online form and click “Continue”. (Your password must be at least 8 characters in length including one Numeric and one capital letter. You will also be asked for a password recovery question. This is used to change your password if you forget in the future.)
Note: All replies you send back to an encrypted email are automatically encrypted.
For more detailed information on email encryption and instructions, please read the Bank of Hawaii Email Encryption Customers Guide (PDF).
If you are having trouble receiving encrypted emails from Bank of Hawaii, please call the Customer Service Center:
- In Hawaii: 643-3888, option 8, 6
- In U.S. Mainland and Canada: 1-888-643-3888, option 8, 6
- In Guam and Saipan: 1-877-553-2424, option 8, 6
- In Palau: 680-488-3338, option 8, 6
- TTY/TDD: 1-888-643-9888
As a reminder, Bank of Hawaii will never send you an email asking you to confirm personal identifying information such as passwords, Social Security Numbers, account numbers, or credit card numbers.
You're about to exit BOH.com
Links to other sites are provided as a service to you by Bank of Hawaii. These other sites are neither owned nor maintained by Bank of Hawaii. Bank of Hawaii shall not be responsible for the content and/or accuracy of any information contained in these other sites or for the personal or credit card information you provide to these sites.