Bank of Hawaii Launches Debit Card Controls
April 10th, 2019
According to Gallup’s 2018 Crime Poll, one in four people report that they or a member of their household has had personal information stolen by hackers in the last 12 months and more than two-thirds of people surveyed shared concerns about having their accounts compromised.
Bank of Hawaii launches Debit Card Controls to help consumers have more control over their debit cards and help prevent fraud.
Through the BOH Mobile Banking App, Debit Card Controls allows consumers to:
- Temporarily turn their debit card(s) on and off
- Control their debit card by location, merchant and transaction types
- Set spending limits
- Set customizable alerts
For more information, visit Debit Card Controls on boh.com.
Bank of Hawaii encourages consumers to exercise healthy financial habits that may help them prevent fraud and minimize their risk and impact of identity theft. Here are three tips:
- Make sure your contact information is up to date. Visit a branch, call our 24-Hour Customer Service Center (at 1-888-643-3888) or log in to e-Bankoh to check and update your personal information, including cell phone numbers and email addresses regularly.
- Protect your information. Scammers have gotten very sophisticated. They now spoof company phone numbers, which appear on Caller ID as a legitimate business. While BOH may text, email or call you about fraudulent activity, Bank of Hawaii would never ask you for personal identification information, such as PINs, passwords or SSNs. Any such request in order to block your card or to remove fraudulent charges should be viewed as highly suspicious and you should hang up. You may confirm the validity of suspicious requests by contacting our 24-Hour Customer Service Center at 1-888-643-3888.
- Use online and mobile banking. Customers can monitor their accounts on a daily basis without having to wait for a monthly paper statement.
You're about to exit BOH.com
Links to other sites are provided as a service to you by Bank of Hawaii. These other sites are neither owned nor maintained by Bank of Hawaii. Bank of Hawaii shall not be responsible for the content and/or accuracy of any information contained in these other sites or for the personal or credit card information you provide to these sites.