Founded by Sandra Gibson, Sea Salts of Hawaii harvest 100% pure Hawaiian salt right from its farm at Keahole Point on Hawaii Island. From this, she crafts flavored salts, bathing salts, Hawaii deep ocean mineral spa baths; they also create items using deep ocean magnesium (which has many health benefits), a by-product of Kona sea water including Nigari (tofu coagulant), a mineral supplement, and as a spa soaking bath.
Magnesium is naturally occurring in ocean water and is a natural byproduct of making salt. The Hawaiian sun naturally evaporates the seawater leaving behind our characteristic, pure white salt crystals and a concentrated mineral-rich brine. The salt crystals are gently scooped by hand and the remaining moisture is Our Deep Ocean Magnesium. Sourced from pristine and mineral rich waters 2,200 feet below the surface of the Kona Sea. Magnesium plays a role in hundreds of biological processes and bathing in it relieves muscular tension, promotes relaxation, deep and restful sleep, lifts your sense of wellbeing and leaves your skin re-hydrated.
- This concentrated brine called nigari, or bitterns, is most commonly known for its use in traditional tofu making, making ricotta cheese, as well as a nutritional supplement, added to drinking water and mineral baths.
- Sea Salt of Hawaii’s Nigari is made by drawing pure deep seawater from 2,200 feet below the ocean surface in Kona, Hawaii then letting it slowly evaporate in the Kona year-round sun. Once the seawater evaporates to about 10% of its original volume, salt crystals begin to form. Next, they harvest the salt and the remaining liquid contains a large amount of magnesium chloride which is Nigari. It has a distinct bitter taste, the word Nigari comes from the Japanese word “Nigai” or bitterness.
- Nigari contains mostly magnesium chloride and just a small amount of sodium chloride.
About Magnesium Drops:
- Magnesium is an essential mineral that is involved in many of the body's biochemical processes. It is necessary for the proper functioning of the heart, muscles, and nervous system, and is also involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates and the synthesis of proteins and fats.
- Magnesium supplements are often used to help correct a deficiency of magnesium in the body, which can cause a number of health problems including muscle spasms, cramps, tremors, and hypertension. Magnesium supplements are also sometimes used to treat conditions such as migraines, insomnia, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).