The Bank of Hawaii mobile application requests access to information stored on your device such as location, camera, contacts, or other features you are enrolled in to enrich and simplify your own user experience and improve our services, as well as provide additional security to protect your account.
What types of information the app will request access to and that you can limit:
- Locations which allows you to find Branch or ATM locations using the app.
- Contacts used to send money to people you know and trust using the Zelle feature on the app.
- Camera used to take a photo of a check to deposit using the mobile deposit feature on the app.
- Microphone used for connecting with us on the app.
It is important for you to understand that:
- Before granting access to this information, you will be prompted to give the application that permission.
- If you do not wish to grant that permission, you may decline.
- If you later change your mind, those permissions can be updated in your device's settings.
Additional information we may collect and that you cannot limit:
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings such as:
- Device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information).
- Device event information (such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL).
- Limited personal information (such as IP address, browser user agent, and location)
- Session information (such as timing and duration of usage).
The application information is retained in accordance with state and federal record retention laws.
In Hawaii: 808-643-3888
You can also access the bank’s Privacy Center.
You're about to exit BOH.com
Links to other sites are provided as a service to you by Bank of Hawaii. These other sites are neither owned nor maintained by Bank of Hawaii. Bank of Hawaii shall not be responsible for the content and/or accuracy of any information contained in these other sites or for the personal or credit card information you provide to these sites.