One-time Payment – Terms and Conditions Agreement
These Terms and Conditions constitute a stand alone agreement between You and Bank of Hawaii with respect to a transfer You initiate online through the one-time payment service (the “Service”) from Your Designated Account to make a payment on Your eligible Bank of Hawaii loan or obligation (“Loan”). Nothing herein shall modify the terms of Your applicable Loan agreement in any manner, and Your Loan agreement shall remain in full force and effect. By using the Service, You agree to the Terms and Conditions detailed in this agreement.
- You will not be able to make a Loan payment to Bank of Hawaii until You have read and agree to these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge doing so by clicking “Yes”, “I agree to the Terms and Conditions”.
- These Terms and Conditions may have been altered or amended from the last time You used the Service, so be sure to read it each time before You make a payment to be certain You still agree with its provisions.
- Your use of the Service after any changes to these Terms and Conditions will constitute Your agreement to such change(s).
- By providing Your Designated Account information and using the Service, You are authorizing Bank of Hawaii to originate a debit entry to Your Designated Account at the financial institution You have identified and to take money out of that account in the amount You have indicated to pay Your Loan.
Loans with automatic payments established through Bank of Hawaii are excluded from this service. For other available channels to make Your Loan payments, see the section entitled ‘Service Availability’ on page 2.
Explanation of Some Commonly Used Terms:
These are the meanings of some of the commonly used, capitalized terms We use in this agreement:
Business Day: is every day except Saturdays, Sundays and U.S. Federal holidays.
CST: Central Standard Time. Unless otherwise noted, all times noted within this agreement are in Central Standard Time (CST).
Designated Bank Account / Designated Account: a checking or savings account, which may be at a financial institution other than Bank of Hawaii, which You have submitted as Your banking account information. The checking or savings account must in at a U.S. financial institution, and in Your name. If Your Designated Account is an account for Your business, it must be one for which You are a properly authorized signer.
You / Your: in this agreement, the terms “You” and “Your” refer to each person using the Service
We / Us / Our: in this agreement, the terms “We”, “Us”, and “Our” refer to Bank of Hawaii
Hours of Operation:
The one-time payment service can be utilized 24 hour a day, seven days a week, except when the system is unavailable due to needed maintenance, system outages or circumstances beyond Our control.
- If You use the Service to send Us Your payment instructions by the established cut-off time on a Business Day, Your Loan payment will be processed on that day. If You use the Service to send Us Your payment instructions after the established cut-off time or on a non-Business day, the Service will treat Your instruction as if it were received on the following Business Day. The current cut-off times for Loan payments to be processed on a Business Day are:
- for Loan accounts domiciled in the state of Hawaii: 10:00p.m CST
- for Loan accounts domiciled in the West Pacific (Guam, Saipan, Palau): 9:00p.m. CST
- We are not responsible for the unavailability of the Service or any damages that may result from its unavailability.
If the Service is not available for any reason, You may make Your Loan payment(s) as follows, however the processing times may differ:
- at any Bank of Hawaii branch, on a Business Day, during normal banking hours.
- by mail. Payments received through the mail will be processed on the Business Day of receipt.
If Your Designated Account is a Bank of Hawaii checking or savings account, You may also make Your Loan payments using:
- e-Bankoh. The cut-off time for same day processing on a Business Day is 11:00 p.m. HST (Hawaii Standard Time). Payments made after the cut-off time will be processed the next Business Day.
- Bankoh by Phone. The cut-off time for same day processing on a Business Day is 11:00 p.m. Through Bankoh by Phone, You can make payments to installment Loans, credit lines and mortgage accounts. Payments made after the cut-off time will be processed the next Business Day.
To contact Bankoh by Phone, please call: 1-888-643-3888
- In the event of a system outage or failure, Your data may be lost or destroyed and any payment transaction that You initiated or were in the process of completing should be verified with Us by calling Our Customer Service Center using the telephone numbers listed on page 3. You assume the risk of loss of Your data during any system failure or interruption.
Making a Payment:
- Your payment will be processed upon verification of Your identity and Your Designated Bank Account.
- If Your payment is made on a Business Day before the established cut-off time, Your Loan account will be credited that day. Your Designated Account will be debited within 2 Business days of the payment date.
- Partial payments will be accepted, however, You may be charged late fees if Your full standard monthly payment amount is not received by the payment due date. Exception: Payments to Your mortgage loan account may only be made in the standard monthly payment amount. Partial payments to mortgage loan accounts are not allowed and will not be accepted.
- You agree to have sufficient available funds in Your Designated Account to pay Your payment amount, and You agree to be responsible for any fees Your financial institution may charge if You do not have sufficient, available funds in Your Designated Account.
- If any payment is returned unpaid from Your financial institution for any reason, the payment applied to Your Loan will be reversed.
- You may also be charged late fees if Your payment is not received by the payment due date.
- You may also be prevented from using the Service to make future Loan payments.
- If You make a payment to a closed loan account, the payment amount will be returned to the same source and through the same channels through which We received it. We are not responsible for any delay that may occur with Your financial institution crediting back Your Designated Account.
- Confirmation: the Service will provide You with an electronic confirmation email of Your scheduled payment. Please note that You are providing the email address solely for the purpose of receiving the confirmation and any email You provide during a one-time payment session will not change or update any email address You have previously provided Us.
- Authorization: You authorize the Service to store account details for the Designated Account for the purpose of making a payment to Your Loan. You represent and warrant that You are legally authorized to use the Designated Account that You have entered on the Service. You agree that this authorization will remain in full force an effect until the Service receives notification from You of its cancellation/termination.
Cancelling a Payment:
- You may cancel any pending payment by calling Our Customer Service Center before 9 p.m. CST (for Loans domiciled in the state of Hawaii) and 8 p.m. CST (for Loans domiciled in the West Pacific), up to the Business Day You scheduled the payment for.
In Hawaii 1-808-643-3888
In U.S. Mainland and Canada 1-888-643-3888
In Guam and Saipan 1-877-553-2424
In Palau 1-680-488-3338
- A Loan payment You make on a Business Day between 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. CST (State of Hawaii) and 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. CST (West Pacific) cannot be cancelled and will be processed on that same Business Day.
We do not charge any fees for Your use of the Service, however:
- If Your payment is received after Your payment due date, or Your payment is scheduled to be made after Your payment due date, You may be subject to late fees.
- You agree to be responsible for any fees Your financial institution may charge You if they return Your payment to Us, unpaid, for any reason.
- To use the Service on the internet, You must have a computer with an internet connection. The Service uses 256-bit keys and Transport Layer Security (TLS) v1.2/1.3 encryption in web browsers.
- You agree to keep information regarding Your Designated Account, Your Loan account and this Service secure. You acknowledge that there are certain security risks associated with the internet and expressly assume such risks when using the Service.
Last Update July 20, 2022
You're about to exit BOH.com
Links to other sites are provided as a service to you by Bank of Hawaii. These other sites are neither owned nor maintained by Bank of Hawaii. Bank of Hawaii shall not be responsible for the content and/or accuracy of any information contained in these other sites or for the personal or credit card information you provide to these sites.