Enroll. Deposit. Earn HawaiianMiles.
We want to help you and your money go further – like all the way to Arizona, Los Angeles or even New York City! Enjoy up to 60,000 HawaiianMiles after you enroll and make a qualifying deposit into any new or existing Bank of Hawaii checking or savings account. It’s our way of rewarding you for trusting us with your hard-earned money.
The more you deposit, the farther you can go
|Qualifying Deposit+||$25,000 - $49,999.99||$50,000 - $99,999.99||$100,000 and more|
|Earn HawaiianMiles*||10,000 HawaiianMiles||25,000 HawaiianMiles||60,000 HawaiianMiles|
+ Qualifying deposits must come from an external financial institution. Qualifying deposits will be calculated based on total combined balance increases (“TCBI”) maintained for the Eligible Accounts. Your 1/31/2023 TCBI for the Eligible Accounts will be calculated based on the total current balance of the Eligible Accounts on 01/31/2023 minus the total current balance of the Eligible Accounts on 11/21/2022. The 1/31/23 TCBI must increase by at least $25,000 to qualify for the promotion. Any withdrawals that reduce your 2/28/2023 TCBI to a lower tier than your 1/31/2023 TCBI, will lower your payout from the promotion to that lower tier, or will disqualify you if your 2/28/2023 TCBI falls below $25,000. New deposit customers’ start date will be as of account open date and will have a starting balance of zero.
*You will receive a 1099 for the value of the miles. The current estimated values for the miles: $100 for 10,000 HawaiianMiles, $250 for 25,000 HawaiianMiles, and $600 for 60,000 HawaiianMiles.
Here’s how it works
- Enroll by January 31, 2023
Itʻs easy—just click the link below to get started.
- Make your deposit by January 31, 2023
Deposit at least $25,000 from another bank account to qualify—you can use a check or set it up electronically from your other bank. For current Annual Percentage Yield for interest bearing accounts, click here.
- Maintain your balance through February 28, 2023
Keep your qualifying deposit+ safe with us while you dream of your next adventure.
- Receive your HawaiianMiles by May 31, 2023
Check your HawaiianMiles account in May and plan your trip!
Let’s explore where you could go next
5 Famous Foods to Try in Austin, TX
Sink your teeth into the local favorites, “Texas style.”
More ways to earn HawaiianMiles
If you love to travel, here are even more ways to get there faster.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do to earn HawaiianMiles through this promotion?
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Enroll in the offer here using the e-mail registered to your Bank of Hawaii account by January 31, 2023.
- Transfer at least $25,000 from an external financial institution to an eligible Bank of Hawaii account by January 31, 2023.
- Maintain your balance through February 28, 2023.
What accounts are eligible for this promotion?
Any Bank of Hawaii checking or savings accounts where you are the primary accountholder are eligible.
What deposits qualify for this promotion?
Deposits totaling at least $25,000 from another financial institution. For example, $5,000 from Bank ABC and $20,000 from Brokerage XYZ.
I’m ready to make my deposit. What are my options?
This will depend on how much you’re planning to deposit.
- At a Branch: There is no limit to how much you can deposit in-branch.
- Deposit by ATM: You can deposit cash or checks at any Bank of Hawaii Easy Deposit ATM. Find one closest to you here. This is limited to $999,999 each day.
- Bank of Hawaii Mobile App: Deposit a check through the Bank of Hawaii mobile app. This is limited to $10,000 every five business days. Learn more about mobile deposits here.
- Bank of Hawaii Online Banking: You can initiate a transfer from an external financial institution through your online Bank of Hawaii account. This is limited to $2,500 per transaction, up to $10,000 per month. Enroll in online banking here.
- Through your non-Bank of Hawaii account: You may be able to initiate a transfer from your external financial institution using their online banking system. Limits are based on the external financial institution’s rules.
Do all of my deposits need to be in the same account to qualify or can I make deposits across my checking and savings accounts?
For the purposes of this promotion, you can make deposits across all your checking and savings accounts in which you are the primary accountholder. We will measure the net increase in all your accounts from 11/21/2022 through the end of the promotion period (1/31/2023) to determine the total amount added to your accounts.
How do I know if I’m the primary accountholder?
Generally speaking, the primary accountholder will be listed first on the account statements. For confirmation, please contact us at (808) 643-3888 or visit the branch most convenient to you.
I’m not currently a Bank of Hawaii customer. Can I still participate?
Yes! Click here to open a Bank of Hawaii checking or savings account. Then enroll in the promotion by January 31, 2023 and follow the steps to earn your HawaiianMiles.
How do I know I was successful in enrolling?
You will receive a confirmation e-mail shortly after enrolling in the promotion. Please note, you must enroll using the e-mail address that is registered with your Bank of Hawaii checking or savings account. If the e-mail address you enrolled with does not match the e-mail address registered to your Bank of Hawaii account, you will be notified that you have not successfully registered and should try again.
I enrolled in the promotion with an e-mail address that is not registered to my Bank of Hawaii checking or savings account. How do I fix this?
Log in to your Bank of Hawaii account online and update the e-mail address by January 31, 2023. Or, call our Customer Care team at (808) 643-3888 by January 31, 2023 and they can help you update your account.
I’m not a HawaiianMiles member. How do I sign up?
Click here to learn more about the HawaiianMiles program and sign up.
When will I receive my HawaiianMiles?
If you qualified for this promotion, the HawaiianMiles will be deposited into your HawaiianMiles account no later than May 31, 2023.
Will the value of the HawaiianMiles be taxable?
You will receive a 1099 for the value of the HawaiianMiles you receive
- For 10,000 HawaiianMiles the value is: $100
- For 25,000 HawaiianMiles the value is: $250
- For 60,000 HawaiianMiles the value is: $600
I have a question that was not answered here. Where can I get additional guidance?
Visit your local branch or contact our customer service team here.
You're about to exit BOH.com
Links to other sites are provided as a service to you by Bank of Hawaii. These other sites are neither owned nor maintained by Bank of Hawaii. Bank of Hawaii shall not be responsible for the content and/or accuracy of any information contained in these other sites or for the personal or credit card information you provide to these sites.