Now offering a new, convenient feature!
Transfer money online to your accounts at Bank of Hawaii from other financial institutions.
- Easy and Convenient - Transfers can be automated to occur on a regular basis or one-time
Get Started Now:
- Sign on to e-Bankoh. If you are not an e-Bankoh customer, enroll now.
- Select the "Transfers" tab.
- Follow the easy online easy steps to set up your External Account.
If you have additional questions on the use of the external transfer feature, please contact us: State of Hawaii, U.S. Mainland, Canada and American Samoa: 1-888-643-3888, selection option 4, then 2.
Can’t find the answer to your question? Use our Contact Us form.
Return to e-Bankoh Tips page.
- What is an external transfer?
- Who is eligible?
- How do I get started?
- What is the setup process?
- Is there a fee?
- Is there a maximum amount?
- What types of accounts are eligible for external transfers?
- What are recurring external transfers?
- What if I need to change the external transfer?
- How do I know if a scheduled external transfer has been processed?
- Can I add additional External Transfer accounts?
- Can I send an External Transfer to my account at another Financial Institution?
- When can I use the funds transferred to my Bank of Hawaii account?
- External Transfers Change in Terms FAQs (effective December 4, 2010)
- Select the Transfers tab.
- Click on the "Getting started with external transfers" link located on the left side.
- Read the important information regarding this feature and contact us if you have any questions.
- Follow the easy online steps to set-up your External Account.
- Several test transactions totaling less than $1.00 will be sent to the external account. These transactions will appear in your external account within three days. Note the amount of each transaction and login to e-Bankoh.
- On the "Manage Your Accounts" page, click on the "Verify" link for the new account and enter the amounts of each transaction in any order.
A. There is no fee for transfers initiated from an external deposit account to you Bank of Hawaii deposit account(s). Subject to change.
- Daily Limits
The maximum daily transfer to your Bank of Hawaii account limit is $2,500 per day/ per transaction (a single $2,500 transfer or combined transfers totaling $2,500.)
- Monthly Limits
The maximum transfer to your Bank of Hawaii account limit is $10,000 per month.
A. You can use checking and savings accounts on which you are an individual or joint account holder. Q. What are recurring external transfers?
A. Recurring transfers are funds transfers to an account you have with our financial institution and from an account with another financial institution that you want to repeat at regular intervals. Q. What if I need to change the external transfer?
A. Go to the Scheduled External Transfers page. If the transfer is listed on this page, it can be changed. Just click "Edit" for the transfer you want to change. Q. How do I know if a scheduled external transfer has been processed?
A. Check the Account Activity page the business day after the external transfer was scheduled to be processed. You can access the Account Activity page by clicking the Account Activity menu item on the Accounts menu.
Q. Can I add additional External Transfer accounts?
A. The Add an External Transfer Account page is used to add an account you have with another financial institution to our records. Once an external account is added, you can use it to transfer funds to an account you have with us.
- To add a new external account, click "Continue from the information page. You will see the "Add an External Account" page.
- Select the account type, enter the routing number and the account and account number.
You can find the routing number and account number on the bottom of your checks or deposit slips. Please note that the account you are setting up must be in your name. If you are not the owner of the account, please contact us and we will discuss ways to transfer money from that account.
Q. Can I send an External Transfer to my accounts at another Financial Institution?
A. No, External Transfers can only be sent to your account(s) at Bank of Hawaii. Please contact us at 888-643-3888 for options on how to send money to your accounts at other Financial Institutions.