Send us your signed W-8BEN Forms
From time to time, Bank of Hawaii clients may receive a “W-8BEN” form in the mail. This form, which needs to be completed and signed every three years, is used to determine the tax withholding status of foreigners who have accounts with Bank of Hawaii in the United States. If you receive this, please complete the form, sign it, and mail it back to us. Should you have any questions, please contact your account officer.
Click here for an English version of the Bank of Hawaii International Banking Brochure.
Tailored to Our International Clientele
The Bank of Hawaii International Banking Division offers a wide variety of banking products and services specifically tailored to our international clientele. Our team is fluent in:
- Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, and Taiwanese)
Using the resources of Bank of Hawaii, the International Banking Division, works closely with our clients, their advisors and family members to help them achieve their objectives for their assets, such as:
- Managing a comprehensive financial investment portfolio
- Minimizing the impact of U.S. taxes
- Establishing a plan for orderly transfer of their assets
- Offering commercial banking products and services to international clients wishing to set up businesses in Hawaii
- Facilitating applications for credit lines and mortgages
The International Banking Division is located in the Bank of Hawaii Waikiki Center and is easily accessible to our international visitors. In addition, international officers are stationed in select bank branches to offer convenient services to our clients. Please click here for a complete list of locations.
All Bank of Hawaii Product Information, Disclosures & Forms are in English.