Click here to open or close the menu

Registered Shareholder FAQs

We’ve compiled a list below of a few common questions. If you should have any additional questions, please send us a message by completing the contact us form.

Who is a registered shareholder?

A registered shareholder is a person, Trust, or other legal entity who holds shares of stock directly with the company. A person who holds Bank of Hawaii Corporation stock in stock certificate form or in the dividend reinvestment plan administered by Bank of Hawaii Corporation’s stock transfer agent, Computershare Trust Company, N.A., is an example of a registered shareholder. As a registered shareholder, you are able to access your accounts via Investor Centre 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If I hold my shares with a brokerage firm, will I be able to access my accounts via Investor Centre?

No, if you hold shares of Bank of Hawaii Corporation stock through a brokerage firm, you must contact your broker for account information.

Once I register on Investor Centre, what will I be able to do?

Investor Centre will enable you to manage your account over the Internet and perform the following:

  • Review and print account balances
  • Review and print certificate history details
  • Review and print DRP account details
  • Change address
  • Review and print dividend check payment details
  • Download optional cash, withdrawal form, and automatic investment forms
  • Enroll in Dividend Reinvestment and Stock Purchase Plan and ACH services (direct deposit of dividends and direct debit of bank account)
  • Update your account with your Social Security number for tax purposes
  • Review and print tax forms
  • Elect to receive your dividend reinvestment statements and proxy materials electronically
  • Sell shares online

What should I do if I lose or forget my authorization code?

If you lost or forgot your authorization code, call Computershare at 1-888-660-5443; Non-U.S. residents 312-360-5184 or contact Computershare at

How do I transfer stock ownership?

To re-register or transfer shares, send the stock certificates to Computershare Trust Company, N.A. accompanied by an appropriately executed stock power for each transferee. Each transferee’s name, address, and social security number must be provided on the stock power. If you are transferring shares from a DRP account, you must indicate on the stock power the DRP account number from which the shares are being transferred. If you are transferring the shares into a DRP account, you must indicate the DRP account # the shares are being transferred to and in the case of a new DRP account, you must provide a DRP enrollment form signed by the transferee. Also, the transferor must sign his/her name exactly as it appears on the certificate or on the DRP account registration. If the certificate or DRP account is registered in more than one name, each person must sign the stock power. Each signature must be guaranteed by a duly authorized officer of a financial institution participating in the Securities Transfer Agent Medallion Program (STAMP). You must present a valid picture ID when signing the stock power. Bank of Hawaii charges a $5 fee for this service.

We strongly recommend you use registered mail or an overnight courier service when sending your certificates to Computershare.

First Class, Registered & Certified Mail
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
P.O. Box 30170
College Station, TX 77842-3170

Overnight Courier
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
211 Quality Circle
College Station, TX 77845

How do I replace a lost or stolen stock certificate?

If stock certificates are lost, stolen or destroyed, notify Computershare immediately at 1-888-660-5443; Non-U.S. residents 312-360-5184. You will be required to provide an affidavit of loss (Computershare will provide the form) and will be charged by the surety company an insurance premium equal to 3% of the value of the shares lost, stolen or destroyed.

How do I enroll and invest in the Bank’s Dividend Reinvestment and Stock Purchase Plan?

Investor Centre makes enrolling in the Dividend Reinvestment and Stock Purchase Plan (“Plan”) convenient. Be sure to review the prospectus before enrolling. When you enroll in the Plan, your dividends on all your registered shares, whether held physically by you or in book-entry, are reinvested in Bank of Hawaii Corporation stock. Please call Computershare at 1-888-660-5443; Non-U.S. residents 312-360-5184 if you have questions about enrolling online.

What is and why is Bank of Hawaii Corporation using Direct Registration System (DRS)?

Bank of Hawaii Corporation has elected to use the Direct Registration System as its means of recording stock ownership. DRS is share ownership without paper stock certificates. Your shares are held in book-entry form. As the Company’s Transfer Agent, Computershare keeps a record of your shares on the Company’s register of owners. When you transfer or sell DRS shares, the transaction takes place electronically without the movement of physical stock certificates.

Using DRS:

  • Eliminates your risk of loss, theft or destruction of certificates, plus the time and expense to replace a lost certificate
  • Eliminates the cost of maintaining a secure place to keep your certificates
  • Makes your stock transactions faster and easier
  • Saves the Company unnecessary printing and mailing expenses
  • Supports the U.S. securities industry’s move towards certificateless shares
  • Has become the global standard of share ownership
  • Offers a quick and convenient way of selling your DRS shares

Without certificates, how will I know how many shares I own?

Each time you have a share transaction you are sent a Direct Registration Transaction Advice reporting the number of Bank of Hawaii Corporation’s shares you hold in book-entry form. You are also sent a Transaction Request Form which can be used for sales transactions.

How do I convert the certificates I already hold to DRS?

You may convert your Bank of Hawaii Corporation certificated shares to DRS by sending your stock certificate(s) and the completed Transaction Request Form to:

First Class, Registered & Certified Mail
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
P.O. Box 30170
College Station, TX 77842-3170

Overnight Courier
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
211 Quality Circle
College Station, TX 77845

Note: Stock Certificates cannot be converted to DRS shares without the receipt of the physical certificate. It is recommended that you use registered mail or an overnight courier.

How do I sell my DRS shares?

Complete the Transaction Request Form and mail it to:

First Class, Registered & Certified Mail
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
P.O. Box 30170
College Station, TX 77842-3170

Overnight Courier
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
211 Quality Circle
College Station, TX 77845


Sell online after becoming an Investor Centre member at


Call Computershare’s Shareholder Contact Center at 1-888-660-5443; Non-US residents 312-360-5184 and sell through the automated telephone service (IVR system).

Fees associated with the sale of shares:
$15.00 each transaction plus $0.12 per share. There is an additional $15 fee to speak to a registered broker through the Shareholder Contact Center.

Can I transfer my DRS shares to my broker?

Yes, have your broker request your shares be sent to them through the Depository Trust Company’s Direct Registration Profile System. You will need to supply your broker with a copy of your latest DRS Advice and the following information:

  • Your Computershare Account Number (listed on your Advice)
  • Your Social Security Number
  • Computershare’s DTC Number, 7807
  • The number of whole shares you wish to move from your Computershare account to your brokerage account

What are the fees I may incur for shareholder services provided by Computershare?

The prevailing fees are set forth below:

Dividend Reinvestment and Direct Registration Sales
$15 each transaction plus $0.12 per share sold
$15 service fee to speak to a registered broker

Duplicate Dividend/Tax Statements No charge for current year
$10.00 for prior years

Photocopies of Paid Checks
$25.00 each

Replacing lost or stolen certificates
3% surety bond plus handling fee based on market value of the shares being replaced

Insufficient funds processing/Return check fee
$25 each

ACH reject fee
$25 each

Wires (U.S.)
$35 each

Copies of cancelled certificates
$25 each

Research for information not housed on Computershare’s recordkeeping system
$25 per hour

Overnight mail request
$20 within the U.S.; $30 International

Rush transfer or certificate replacement
$75 each

Foreign currency wire
$50 each

Foreign currency check
$25 each

You're about to exit

Links to other sites are provided as a service to you by Bank of Hawaii. These other sites are neither owned nor maintained by Bank of Hawaii. Bank of Hawaii shall not be responsible for the content and/or accuracy of any information contained in these other sites or for the personal or credit card information you provide to these sites.